Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh to commission indigenously built Indian Coast Guard Ship Vigraha
- ICGS Vigraha is seventh in the series of Offshore Patrol Vessels
- Indigenously built by L&T Ship Building Limited
- Fitted with advanced fire power
- Designed to carry one twin-engine Helicopter & four high speed boats
- To be based in Visakhapatnam & operate on eastern seaboard
Indian Coast Guard (ICG) Ship Vigraha, seventh in the series of Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs), will be commissioned by Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh in Chennai on August 28, 2021. The ship will be based in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh and operate on the eastern seaboard under the Operational and Administrative Control of the Commander, Coast Guard Region (East).
The 98-meter OPV, with a complement of 11 officers and 110 sailors, has been designed and built indigenously by Larsen & Toubro Ship Building Limited. It is fitted with advanced technology radars, navigation & communication equipment, sensors and machinery capable of operating in tropical sea conditions. The vessel is armed with a 40/60 Bofors gun and fitted with two 12.7 mm Stabilised Remote Control Gun with fire control system. The ship is also equipped with integrated bridge system, integrated platform management system, automated power management system and high-power external fire-fighting system.