Cabinet approves procurement of 56 C-295MW transport aircraft for Indian Air Force
Sixteen aircraft will be delivered in flyaway condition from Spain within 48 months of signing of the contract and forty aircraft will be manufactured in India by TATA Consortium within ten years of signing of the contract. This is the first project of its kind in which a military aircraft will be manufactured in India by a private company. All fifty six aircraft will be installed with indigenous Electronic Warfare Suite.
The project will give a boost to aerospace ecosystem in India wherein several MSMEs spread over the country will be involved in manufacturing of parts of the aircraft.
- 16 aircraft to be delivered in flyaway condition from Spain; 40 to be manufactured in India
- Unique initiative to strengthen indigenous capabilities & boost ‘Make in India’
- All aircraft to be installed with indigenous Electronic Warfare Suite
- To replace the ageing Avro aircraft of IAF
- Transport aircraft of 5-10 Tonne capacity with contemporary technology