Creating an ecosystem for promoting self-reliance by building indigenous state-of-the-art systems for defence application.
Promoting self-reliance in Defence Technology
Established to promote self- reliance in Defence Technology as a part of the Make in India initiative.
A Ministry of Defence initiative
Programme of MoD (Ministry of Defence) executed by DRDO, meeting the requirements of Tri- Services, Defence Production and DRDO.
Boost to MSMEs and Startups
Encourages participation of public/private industries especially MSMEs and Startups so as to create an ecosystem for enhancing cutting-edge technology capabilities for defence application
With 10 Crores Funding
Funding to be covered through provision of grants-in-aid to the industry. Project cost of upto INR 10 Cr will be considered for funding, subject to a maximum of 90% of the total project cost.
Duration/Timeline: 2 Years
Limited to the development of technologies or prototype of product having potential use for the Services with a typical development period of two years.
- 01 The industry must be a public limited company, a private limited company, a partnership firm, a limited liability partnership, one-person company, sole proprietorship registered as per applicable Indian laws
- 02 The industry must be a MSME or a startup, registered in India
- 03 The industry must be owned and controlled by a Resident Indian citizen
- 04 Entity with excess of 49% foreign investment will not be eligible.
Why should you apply?
The Scheme aims to provide a major fillip to the defence manufacturing sector by encouraging the industry to innovate on defence technologies, in order to place India on the self-reliance trajectory. In addition to providing the grants-in-aid for the development of indigenous technology, the Scheme also provides the industry with the various benefits.
- Joint ownership of IPR along with DRDO
- Sales opportunity to primes as subcontractors
- Licensing of the product/technology for commercial gains
- Export opportunities
- Direct channel of sales in the private marketplace for the development of dual use technology and spin-offs
DRDO has partnered with Invest India to help in the implementation of the TDF scheme and further facilitate MSME and startup participation. Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of India, set up in 2009, as a non-profit venture under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
How to Apply?
The application process for the TDF Scheme is completely digitised.
- Every interested Industry /Technology expert/Academia must first register on the TDF portal.
- On receiving a verification link, they must verify themselves, complete their profile and submit the same for approval.
- Once the profiles are approved from the TDF admin panel, the respective industry can look at the projects it wishes to apply for.
- A detailed step-by-step guide on the process of application for projects is also provided in Documentation.
How is MSME defined for the purpose of the TDF Program ?
Is this Scheme specific to any sector ?
Can an organisation apply in multiple TDF Projects simultaneously at the same time ?
What is the nature of the proposals to be supported under TDF Scheme ?
- a) Significant up-gradation/improvements/ further developments in the existing products/process/application etc
- b) Technology readiness level up-gradation from TRL3 onwards to realization of products as per Tri-Services requirements
- c) Development of futuristic technologies/innovative products which can be useful for the defence applications
- d) Import substitution of components whose technologies does not exist with the Indian industry.