How is Funding Facilitated under the Scheme?
Details of the process involvement in release of funds can be found in Para 42 of the Standard Operating Procedure document as provided in the “Resources” section of this website. Summarily, the release of funds is facilitated under one of the two options.
Option 1: Issuance of Grant Letter, release of 20% of the Grant Amount and reimbursement of costs in the 5 (five milestones) for disbursement of the remaining 80%.
Option 2: The 80% can be availed as an advance against a bank guarantee/collateral.
For the purpose of Fund release, the selected agency is required to open and operate a new bank account with complete access and information to books of accounts to DTDF/DRDO.
What if an agency developing a project experiences cost overruns?
Conditions pertaining to cost and time overruns have been covered in Para 47, 48 and 49 of the Standard Operating Procedure Document as provided in the “Resources” section of the website.
Are there any restrictions on the cost head expenses that must be keep in mind before submitting the price bid?
Yes, the following points must be kept in mind before submitting the price bid:
1. Academia share should not be more than 40% of the total project cost.
2. Overheads share should not be more than 10% of the total project cost.
3. Contingency share should not be more than 3% of the total project cost.
While filling out the DPR format in the price bid, can an Industry applicant include the charges incurred for usage of the already existing equipment within their possession under the 'Equipment' head?
The equipment head should solely include the costs incurred for acquiring new and essential equipment for which invoices within the validated time period must be existing. It is clarified that the wear, tear, usage and depreciation of equipment shall not be a part of the 'Equipment' head and must be included as a part of 'consumables' / any other relevant heads whilst providing price bid.