What is this scheme about?
Technology Development Fund (TDF) has been established to promote self-reliance in Defence Technology as a part of the 'Make in India' initiative. It is a programme of MoD (Ministry of Defence) executed by DRDO meeting the requirements of Tri-Services, Defence Production and DRDO.
This scheme aims at funding the development of defence and dual use technologies that are currently not available with the Indian industry, or have not been developed so far.
What kind of Products/Innovations are Generally Considered under the scheme?
Information about the same can be found in Para 1 of the Standard Operating Procedure document as provided in the “Resources” section of the website.
What are the key criteria for development of projects under this scheme?
- The scheme will be limited to development of technologies or prototype of product having potential use for the Services.
- The financial criteria for inclusion of projects under the TDF scheme will be that the cost of development spread across all the required technology development phases will not exceed INR 10 crore.
- Typically, the projects under the TDF scheme will not exceed a development period of two years.
Who can apply for the scheme?
- Proprietorships/Partnerships/LLPs/Private Limited Companies owned and Controlled by Resident Indian Citizens.
- Types of entities above with foreign investments/partnerships not exceeding 49%.
- Aspirants may form a consortium/Association of Persons and apply, with the aforementioned criteria applicable.
Can Large Enterprises/Educational Institutions/Non – Profits Apply for the scheme?
- Non – Profits are not eligible to Participate in the scheme.
- If Educational Institutions/Research Institutions are involved, their involvement in the work cannot exceed 40%. In such arrangements, the Industry applicant shall be considered as the Lead agency. Further, Research Institutions are considered at par with educational institutions.
Whether the test facility available with DRDO or MoD will be provided free of cost?
The test facility available with DRDO or MoD will be provided to DA on basis of essentiality & priority as decided by the custodian of the test facility. However, the test facility, when made available to DA, will be on charges as prescribed by the custodian of the facility.